I’m getting excited about Christmas. I always get excited about this time of the year, and even more so now that there are 3 babies about.
I have yet to start my shopping, so it will be interesting to see how I go fighting the crowds this weekend. I have no idea what to get, but presents usually jump out at me when I see them. Or should I go with silly presents this year?
In the meantime, I stole the below set of questions from Danie and Rich.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Both – as long as they have alcohol in them, I’ll drink both!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? We never had a Santa when we were kids, but I’ll be telling the babies that Santa makes the presents and if they are good children, then the presents will be found wrapped in gorgeous paper and waiting for them under the tree on Christmas Day.
3. Coloured lights on tree/house or white? Both on the tree and white on the house.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I would, but no one wants to kiss me…
5. When do you put up your decorations? When I remember to put them up – usually just in time for Christmas.
6. What is your favourite holiday dish? I love anything that is put in front of me – I cook on Christmas Day so I can’t complain about the food!
7. Favourite Holiday memory as a child? Running around at my aunt’s place with my cousins Joe and Alex.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Santa never really existed for me and my sisters.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? The lights go on first, and then the tinsel, and then the decorations. Loads and loads and loads of decorations.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it – want it again – loved it in Sweden a few years ago – so pretty!
12. Can you ice skate? I can skate to the point where I am on my feet more than I am on my butt.
13. Do you remember your favourite gift? All my gifts are good – there isn’t really one that stands out.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family – I love the fact that my sisters make their husbands observe the strict rule of having dinner with our parents – they can do what they want up to about 5pm, but dinner time belongs to our family.
15. What is your favourite Holiday Dessert? We are usually too full for dessert.
16. What is your favourite Holiday tradition? Cooking for the family.
17. What tops your tree? Not sure – Mum will decide.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Definitely giving – I love seeing the delight on my family’s faces when they open the presents.
19. What is your favourite Christmas Song? Silent Night and The Little Drummer Boy.
20. Candy Canes? YUM!!! The more the merrier!
21. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized? The thought crosses my mind when I hear Christmas carols being played in stores in SEPTEMBER.