I have a truckload of diary entries and over 400 photos from my trip, which will take me some time to edit and re-edit before uploading for your reading and viewing pleasure. I hope to have a few entries ready to go by the end of the week.
In the meantime, here’s a story I found in the SMH website which tickled my fancy. Oh, the number of times I wish I could serve a shot of Pine-o-Cleen to the twats that use to frequent my bar at 4am …
Fool is the barmaid for using the "but I didn’t know drinking Pine-o-Cleen could make you sick – it was just a practical joke gone wrong" defence … look who’s the twat now …
BARMAID SERVED DRUNK PINE-O-CLEEN SHOT
September 24, 2007 – 4:54PM, SMH Online
A barmaid served a drunk customer a shot of Pine-o-Cleen as a joke at a Melbourne nightclub causing him to become violently ill, a court has been told.
The Melbourne Magistrates Court was told the customer was served and drank a 30ml shot of the disinfectant served by barmaid Emily Craig, 22.
He vomited in the street outside the Evolution nightclub in inner city Prahran before an ambulance was called.
Ms Craig’s defence counsel George Balot told Magistrate Bill O’Day that the incident happened at 6.15am, on March 4 this year, and was a "misguided practical joke".
"I will be putting to you this was a misguided joke at an ungodly hour," he said.
"It is not a malicious act."
He said Ms Craig, who pleaded guilty to reckless conduct endangering serious injury, lost her job as a result of the joke gone bad, and was now working in administration.
He said Ms Craig, of Park Orchards in Melbourne’s east, had served the same customer three shots of water before she gave him the Pine-o-Cleen.
Mr O’Day described the prank as exceptionally serious.
"It could become very significant with health implications," Mr O’Day said.
"It is a matter of real concern."
The court also heard that the customer later had ulcers forming on his skin and was referred to his local GP.
The case was adjourned until February 4.